Your compliance with the following municipal code helps our street crews remove snow quickly and effectively.
“It is unlawful for any person to park, stop or leave standing any vehicle on the south side of Victor Avenue between Second and Fourth Streets, the east side of Third Street from Diamond to Portland and the east side of Fourth Street from Victor Avenue to Portland, between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. between October 15 of one year and May 31 of the subsequent year. Vehicles parked, stopped or left standing in violation of this Section may be towed and impounded in accordance with the code.”
A parking ticket will cost you $40 for each 24 hour violation. Thanks for your help in making Victor a safe community!!!
Job Duties Include:
- Assists Water/Wastewater Plant Operator and ORC in operating and monitoring all aspects of the water and wastewater treatment plants including, but not limited to, power generating equipment, control panels, valves and gates, pumps, engines, motors, panel boards and all other equipment.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine compliance with regulations.
- Maintains log of operations and records testing, meter and gauge readings. Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity and water pressure.
- Collects water and sewer samples and conducts laboratory tests.
- Assist Senior Plant Operator with calibrations of water and wastewater plant instruments
- Adds specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, alum and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, coagulate impurities, reduce acidity and clarify water.
- Assists other public works crews to maintain City infrastructure as needed such as snow removal, drainage.
- Understands the importance of providing the best customer service.
- Requires D level Water and Wastewater licenses, C level or higher is desired for both. A Class B CDL is also preferred.
- Positions on the public works crew are considered essential service personnel; employees in this position are required, as a condition of employment, to be available to respond to emergency callouts within 30 minutes.
- Work hours may include weekends and evenings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and Job Descriptions are now available online at www.cityofvictor.com home page or at the City Hall or City Shop. If you are interested in applying for the position and believe you meet the eligibility criteria found in the job description, please submit a completed Job Application form to City Hall by 12 pm noon, Friday, November 1, 2019.