Job Duties Include:
- Assists Water/Wastewater Plant Operator and ORC in operating and monitoring all aspects of the water and wastewater treatment plants including, but not limited to, power generating equipment, control panels, valves and gates, pumps, engines, motors, panel boards and all other equipment.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine compliance with regulations.
- Maintains log of operations and records testing, meter and gauge readings. Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity and water pressure.
- Collects water and sewer samples and conducts laboratory tests.
- Assist Senior Plant Operator with calibrations of water and wastewater plant instruments
- Adds specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, alum and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, coagulate impurities, reduce acidity and clarify water.
- Assists other public works crews to maintain City infrastructure as needed such as snow removal, drainage.
- Understands the importance of providing the best customer service.
- Requires D level Water and Wastewater licenses, C level or higher is desired for both. A Class B CDL is also preferred.
- Positions on the public works crew are considered essential service personnel; employees in this position are required, as a condition of employment, to be available to respond to emergency callouts within 30 minutes.
- Work hours may include weekends and evenings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and Job Descriptions are now available online at www.cityofvictor.com home page or at the City Hall or City Shop. If you are interested in applying for the position and believe you meet the eligibility criteria found in the job description, please submit a completed Job Application form to City Hall by 12 pm noon, Friday, November 1, 2019.