Clean Sweep Friday April 8, 2022 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – One ticket / timeslot per household.
Register at cleansweepapril2022.eventbrite.com or call 719-520-7878. The following items are accepted for FREE at the Clean Sweep Events from El Paso & Teller County residents ONLY – no trash, no business waste:
ELECTRONICS: ANY SIZE TV or COMPUTER MONITOR, limited to three total per household. Computers, printers, fax machines, laptops, notebooks, ultra-books, net books, electronic tablets, DVD players, VCRs, radios, stereos, video game consoles, video display devices with viewing screens greater than 4” diagonally.
MATTRESSES/BOX SPRINGS: (limited to six  pieces total)
TIRES: passenger and light truck (limit is nine  per vehicle), on or off rim
(You may bring the following items along with any of the items listed above. The items below are accepted for free during weekday appointments:)
- Paint and paint-related products (stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc.) – 50 gallon limit.
- Household chemicals (aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oil, etc.)
- Lawn & garden chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.)
- Automotive chemicals waxes, bug / tar / vinyl / chrome / engine cleaners, etc.
- Automotive fluids – motor oil, antifreeze, brake & transmission fluids (each limited to 10 gal, must
- come in containers no larger than 5 gal filled no more than full all containers must be left at site)
- Batteries – lead-acid vehicle batteries and household batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, watch &
- hearing aid batteries). No corrosion. Must come in clear bag or jar.
- Fluorescent lights: Up to a total of 100 feet of tubes CFL bulbs.
Air Conditioners, Ammunition, Appliances, Asbestos, Business Waste (includes schools, churches, nonprofits, etc.), Cables/Wires NOT attached to anything, Carpet/Rugs, Compressed Gas Cylinders other than 1 or 20lb propane, 1 lb butane or 1lb mapp gas, Containers larger than 5 gal, Exercise machines, Fans, Freezers, Furniture, Heaters, Home media items (CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassettes, etc.), Lab grade/Industrial chemicals & products, Lawn mowers, Medical Tools/Supplies, Medications [visit takemedsseriously.org], Microwaves, Phones (cell/landline), Refrigerators, Remote Controls, Satellite dishes, Snow Blowers, Speakers, Trash, Unlabeled/leaking containers, Wood.
Any unacceptable items may be rejected. If you have an item that you do not see on either list, call 719-520-7878 for acceptance.
Enter the facility heading NORTH on Akers Dr. from Constitution Ave., EXIT onto N. Carefree Cir. (Entering the facility from N. Carefree will not be accessible).
Monetary donations to Care & Share will also be accepted, but not required. CASH OR CHECK ONLY. (No credit cards or canned/packaged foods).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE LIABILITY RELEASE & CERTIFICATION STATEMENT: I hereby declare and affirm of my own personal knowledge that the items delivered to the El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility was, in fact, generated through household use and is not business or commercial subject to federal or state waste regulations. I understand that should I surrender any data containing device to the El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for recycling it is solely my responsibility to protect my personal information. I further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold El Paso County harmless from and against any and all liabilities, demands, claims, damages, suits, judgments and decrees, and court awards including costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees, on account of injuries to or death of any person or persons or damage to any property or personal information arising out of or related to my willful misconduct or negligent acts, errors or omissions for the duration of my participation. I understand that the items will be accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility in reliance on the accuracy and truth of my foregoing declaration / affirmation.
For alternate mattress, tire, and electronic options, refer to any of the following:
MATTRESSES / BOX SPRINGS
- Urban Recycling: 719-644-6419
- One Nation Walking Together: 719-329-0251 (New/gently used only. Queen size or less)
- Partners in Housing: 719-473-8890 (New/gently used only. Queen size or less)
- Peak Disposal & Recycling: 719-481-2340
- American Tire Exchange: 719-550-4666
- Geocycle: 719-227-9860
- Junk King: 888-888-5865
- Blue Star Recyclers: 719-597-6119
- E-Tech Recyclers: 719-799-6517
- Contact your nearest thrift store location for donation criteria
- Electronics on reverse page can be accepted at the HHWF during weekday appointments (flatscreen TVs must be 40” or smaller diagonally, CRTs must be 20” or smaller diagonally)