Victor Main Street Recruitment for the 2023 Board of Directors is now open!
Board of Directors
- Do you have a passion for the community of Victor, Colorado?
- Can you make a difference in the preservation and vitality of our city?
- Do you live in Victor city limits, work in Downtown Victor, and/or own property in the historic commercial district?
- Is your Colorado voter registration active and current?
We want to hear from you!
- Email VictorMainStreet@gmail.com or come by Victor City Hall for a complete explanation about board member duties and responsibilities.
- Write a Letter of Interest explaining your experiences, skills, and anything else which would make you an excellent addition to this spirited team. Be sure to include your preferred contact information.
- Send it to one of the following no later than 9am on January 13, 2023:
- Victor Main Street, P.O. Box 86, Victor CO 80860
- Drop it by Victor City Hall, 500 Victor Avenue
- Stay tuned for the Victor Main Street board decision on January 13, 2023
- Prepare for Final Appointment by Victor City Council on January 19, 2023
This is your invitation to apply
Victor Main Street Board Member
Initial Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to the January 19th City Council Meeting at 6pm for Final Appointment.
- Try to regularly attend City Council meetings, and to support the Manager and Board President in preparing and making presentations to City Council.
- Commit to attending and participating in both 2023 Work Planning sessions:
- Thursday January 26th from 5-7pm
- Friday January 27th from 5-7pm – These sessions are both mandatory!
- Make a serious effort to attend monthly meetings and work sessions. Commit to letting the Victor Main Street Manager or Board President know in advance if you cannot.
- Study and become familiar with the Board Member Handbook, including:
- Victor Main Street Commission Policies & Procedures
- Pickaxe Communication & Branding Toolkit
- Sections of the Colorado Main Street Manual
- Main Street Basics
- How Main Street Gets Results
- Benefits of the Main Street Approach
- Colorado Main Street Program Services
- Yearly meeting schedule – currently the 2nd and 4th Fridays each month at 5pm.
- 2022 Work Plan, included for insight into previous planning efforts
- The 2023 Work Plan will be developed and printed after the 2023 Work Planning sessions on January 26th and 27th. It will be updated and reprinted as necessary throughout the year.
- Commit to corresponding with the team in a timely way, preferably via email.
- Participate in the execution of projects identified in the 2023 Work Plan.
- Learn the Victor Main Street Vision and Mission Statements and conduct yourself in the community as a Main Street ambassador. Don’t just talk about it, be about it.