Job Duties Include:
- Assists Water/Wastewater Plant Operator and ORC in operating and monitoring all aspects of the water and wastewater treatment plants including, but not limited to, power generating equipment, control panels, valves and gates, pumps, engines, motors, panel boards and all other equipment.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine compliance with regulations.
- Maintains log of operations and records testing, meter and gauge readings. Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity and water pressure.
- Collects water and sewer samples and conducts laboratory tests.
- Assist Senior Plant Operator with calibrations of water and wastewater plant instruments
- Adds specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, alum and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, coagulate impurities, reduce acidity and clarify water.
- Assists other public works crews to maintain City infrastructure as needed such as snow removal, drainage.
- Understands the importance of providing the best customer service.
- Requires D level Water and Wastewater licenses, C level or higher is desired for both. A Class B CDL is also preferred.
- Positions on the public works crew are considered essential service personnel; employees in this position are required, as a condition of employment, to be available to respond to emergency callouts within 30 minutes.
- Work hours may include weekends and evenings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and Job Descriptions are now available online at www.cityofvictor.com home page or at the City Hall or City Shop. If you are interested in applying for the position and believe you meet the eligibility criteria found in the job description, please submit a completed Job Application form to City Hall by 12 pm noon, Friday, November 1, 2019.
A great big thank you to all who participated in the housing survey conducted this summer! You can read the study at this link:
Winners of the $100 Visa cards were: Christine Ward, Bob Svenson, Marleen Weikert, Brenda Shannon and Karen Venman! Congratulations and thank you!!!
Now on to implementation!!!
Victor Community Sidewalk Sale is scheduled for this Saturday, September 7th from 9 AM to 5 PM. Seller will be able to display items for sale in designated sidewalk areas downtown. Call 719-689-5836 to participate!!
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
City of Victor
Highway 67 Gateway Sign
Notice is hereby given that the City of Victor will accept sealed proposals for the construction and installation of the Highway 67 Gateway Sign.
The project work is to consist of delivery, set-up and general construction for all labor, materials and services for general, grading, structural concrete, steel, signage, utilities, traffic control and all other work necessary to complete the project as indicated with the Construction Documents.
THREE (3) SETS (ONE ORIGINAL AND TWO COMPLETED COPIES) OF THE SEALED PROPOSALS, clearly marked with “Highway 67 Gateway Sign” and the name, address, and phone number of the bidder will be received by Debra Downs, City Administrator, at City Hall, 500 Victor Avenue, P.O. Box 86, Victor, CO 80860 until 11:00 a.m. (local time), on October 15th, 2019. Any bid received after the time stated above will be returned to the Bidder unopened.
There will be a non-mandatory pre-bid conference and walk-through on October 1st, 2019 beginning at 10:00am (local time). Prospective bidders are strongly encouraged to attend and shall meet at City Hall. Please RSVP to Debra Downs email@example.com if you plan to attend the pre-bid conference.
Bid Documents and related information (in PDF format) may be obtained by contacting Cammie Willis, DHM Design, 970-385-4219 or firstname.lastname@example.org after September 11th, 2019.